Thursday, April 19, 2012

Something started and never finished

San Diego county is big and ripe for exploring. After a year of riding within 15 miles of my house, I grown tired of the same trails, the same climbs, the same technical features. Don't get me wrong, if I'm riding, I'm happy, but riding the same trails time after time is akin to opting for the missionary position every time you have sex with your partner---sorry MP affectionados. I don't really do "resolutions" as: 1) I typically fail, 2) I set vague and unrealistic resolutions (I'll be nicer!), and 3) change takes time; thus, can one really "change" heavily ingrained behaviors when 2011 changes to 2012? As a psychologist who has spent over a decade studying human behavior, the cynic in me would say "behavior never changes, we just rationalize, blame and justify better."

No comments:

Post a Comment